First release: November 13, 2019
Private Luxury Resorts, Mexico vacation rental company, explains in this section how your information is collected, used, treated and disclosed through our web page and associated sites. The person in charge of the treatment of your data is Private Luxury Resorts (hereinafter “the company”).
- Supplier: company that offers services through listings published on the website.
- Guest(s): person(s) booking or requesting to book the supplier’s services
- Lodging: vacation unit rented by the supplier to be used by the guest(s).
- Paid service: platform that will process payments through the use of the company’s website made by a guest to purchase the offered service.
Data collected and provided
Within the activities that Private Luxury Resorts performs as a vacation rental company, we will be receiving and using personal information that we are committed to protect. This information can be classified into:
- Guest details: when uploading a request to book an ultra-luxury property, we need certain information such as your first name, last name, email address and phone number.
- Identity verification: as permitted by law, we may request – if necessary – the identity verification data you provide us, either a photo of your official identification document, passport or driver’s license.
- Payment details: when you use our payment platform set up, we will need certain financial information (your bank account or credit card details) to process payments and comply with applicable laws. If requested and authorized by you, we may retain your financial information to facilitate future bookings on our website.
- Contact form: in case you want to contact us, we will collect information about your means of communication (mail, phone, applications such as Whatsapp or others).
- Additional details: you are also free to provide us with additional information to provide a better user experience on our website. For example, you can tell us details relevant to you such as your itinerary, food allergies, emergency contact details or other information when filling out a form, making a reservation payment or contacting a Private Luxury Resorts representative, among other options. All such information will be processed based on our legitimate interest or, where necessary, your consent.
- Site usage: we collect data about your interaction with our company’s website (pages or content viewed, property searches, bookings made and other actions taken on our website).
- Geographic Location: When you use certain features of our website, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location from data such as your IP address or your mobile device’s GPS in order to provide you with a better user experience.
- Payment Transactions: We obtain information about the payment transactions you make on our website, including the payment method used, date and time of the transaction, the amount of the payment, the payment method expiration date and billing zip code, PayPal email address, your address and other transactional information.
Cookies and similar technologies.
How we use your data
All information you provide to Private Luxury Resorts is used, stored and processed for:
Develop and improve our website: we use your information for activities such as:
- Give you access and use the web site to make reservations
- Contact you about your reservation requests, make and manage your reservations.
- Optimizing the user experience within our website
- Access and use paid services
- Provide customer service.
- Send you service or support messages, security alerts and/or account notifications.
Design an environment of trust with the best security conditions for:
- Detect and prevent fraud, spam, security incidents and other acts that threaten the integrity of our customers.
- Conduct safety investigations and risk assessments.
- Verifying or authenticating the identity information you provide
- Cross-reference databases and other sources of information for legal and judicial purposes as permitted by applicable law and subject to your consent, when necessary.
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Resolve any dispute with any of our users and enforce our contracts with third parties.
- Enforce compliance with our Terms & Conditions, customer agreements and other policies.
Measure, improve and customize our marketing strategy in order to:
- Send you marketing messages, advertising and other information that may be of interest to you according to your communication preferences either through email or social networks.
- Coordinate referral programs, prizes, surveys, sweepstakes or promotional contests managed by Private Luxury Resorts.
- Create a profile with your characteristics and preferences based on the information you provide us in order to send you the marketing and advertising messages mentioned above.
- Invite you to events and other opportunities of your interest.
You are completely free to choose the messages you wish to receive from our company, as well as to limit the information you provide to us and to voluntarily participate in promotions and marketing programs.
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our emails. Even if you choose to unsubscribe from these communications, we may still need to contact you to provide you with relevant information about your account transactions.
Exchange and dissemination of information
Advertising and social networks
To the extent permitted by law, Private Luxury Resorts may use basic personal information about you (generally, we will only use your email address) to register and share with social networks such as Facebook or Google to generate leads, drive traffic to our website or otherwise promote our products and services.
The company cannot control or monitor the social networks with which we share your basic personal information. Therefore, if you have concerns about how your social media platform providers treat your personal data, you should contact them directly.
You may also contact us at any time to request that our company discontinue using your data for direct marketing purposes.
Information flow between guests and suppliers
In order to expedite bookings with our company, we may need to share your information with other vendors in order to properly fulfill the service we provide to you, as discussed below:
When you submit a reservation request as a guest, we will share certain information about you with the Supplier (and Co-Supplier, if applicable) including your full name, the full name of additional guests and any other information you allow to be shared. Once your reservation is confirmed, we will share information with you to provide additional assistance if required.
We do not share your billing and billing information with other Members.
Legal provisions of your data, use for legal requirements and protection of the company’s rights
Private Luxury Resorts, as a legally constituted company, shall have the power to provide your information to courts, law enforcement, governmental or tax authorities or authorized third parties, if required or permitted by law, or if absolutely necessary for the purpose of:
- Fulfill all our legal obligations
- Respond to claims and/or demands made against Private Luxury Resorts
- Respond to any request related to a criminal investigation, any activity that is deemed illegal or any other activity that would involve us, you or any of our other users to legal liability
- Enforcing our T&Cs or other agreements with any of our Members
- Protect the rights, property or personal safety of Private Luxury Resorts, its employees, officers or members of the public.
All of these activities are done in order to comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interests and the interests of others; or for the legitimate purposes, ours or a third party’s, of maintaining the security of the site, preventing crime, exercising or defending rights, or preventing harm.
In territories where we are responsible for the collection and transfer of vacation rental taxes, both suppliers and guests expressly authorize us, without further notice, to disclose data about their transactions, reservations, accommodations, lodging taxes and other relevant information to the relevant taxing entities, including, but not limited to, the name of the supplier or guest, dates and amounts of transactions, tax identification numbers, the amount of taxes collected (or owed) by suppliers on behalf of guests, and contact information.
Merger, acquisition or liquidation
Contact us to exercise or enforce any of the rights described in this section with our data controller. You may need to verify your identity and your application before initiating any action you have requested (see Section 10 for contact information).
Management of your information.
You can log in to our website and update some or all of your information through your account. You are in charge of keeping your personal information up to date.
Validation of incorrect or incomplete information.
You may ask us at any time to validate any personal information that you believe is incorrect or incomplete and to correct it if we are unable to do so.
Data access and portability
If permitted by applicable law, you have the right to request copies of the personal information we store about you. You may also request a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in any written format and request that we forward such information to another service provider (if technically feasible for us to do so).
Custody and disposal of data
We will keep your information for as long as it is necessary for the execution of the services contracted between the company and you, as well as to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information within our website and database, please contact us to request deletion of your personal information.
Revocation of consent
If you want to revoke the treatment of your data and the consents that exist in our company, you must contact us and specify which consent you want to revoke. The revocation of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing of data subject to your consent that has been carried out prior to such revocation.
Opposition to the processing of personal data
The legislation in force may give you the right to require our company not to process your personal data for specific purposes when this processing is done on the basis of legitimate interest. If you exercise your right to object to the processing of your personal data, the company will stop processing your personal data for these purposes, unless we can prove that there are justified grounds for doing so or if such processing is necessary for the institution, exercise or defense of legal proceedings.
You have the right to lodge with the competent data protection authorities any complaint about data processing activities carried out by Private Luxury Resorts.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which will become effective January 1, 2020 will allow users living in the state of California (USA) to request and obtain from Private Luxury Resorts a list of third parties to whom we have disclosed their personal information (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the previous year.
As mentioned above, Private Luxury Resorts cannot share your personal data with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes unless you have given your prior approval.
We may not be able to provide you with timely notice of changes we may need to make to comply with certain legal, regulatory or security requirements, but we will notify you of these changes as soon as practicable.